Question:
What is the most expensive restaurant in NYC?
Jennaba9048
2007-02-07 09:18:46 UTC
What is the most expensive restaurant in NYC?
Thirteen answers:
2007-02-07 10:25:57 UTC
I had lunch in the Time-Warner building last week (wanted to try Porter House - a very pleasant meal). We were looking at the Masa menu - unbelievable! - Bar Masa's prices are much more down to earth - their tasting menu is $40. We said we will definitely try this. Next door to Masa is Per Se. I stopped to speak to a woman who was just leaving and she gave me her menus - one titled, I kid you not, "Per Se Tasting of Vegetables" - $250.00. The other menu "Per Se Chef's Tasting Menu", also $250.00 sounds wonderful, oysters, foie gras, poached Nova Sotia lobster, and other great sounding things, but vegetables for $250? Lettuce soup, Waldorf Salad, artichokes, mushroom ragout - so what? Per Se may not be the most expensive, but this price is the most ridiculous sounding to me.

If I were going to spend $300 for dinner, it would be prepared by Alain Ducasse.
2007-02-07 09:29:32 UTC
The most expensive restaurant in NYC is Masa, a Japanese restaurant in the Time Warner Center on Columbus Circle. There is no menu and only 26 seats. A prix fixe meal varies from $300 to $500 per person.
2016-05-24 07:14:26 UTC
If you want to go to a NOT so crazy expensive place; go to il Cortile in little italy; Entrees should be between $20-30. They have good good food; the atmosphere is amazing; and its a really romantic place:) I'm not sure the exact location; but you can do a search for il cortile nyc and see if that's something you'd be interested in!
bkbarile
2007-02-08 04:49:17 UTC
Masa, there are only 17 seats though, and the guy who is the chief is alway there (500 per)

followed by a restrunt next door called Per see( 250 per

followed by the soon to be change Alann Dusice(220 per)

but for what I have read La Berinane(140) and Daniel(140 per) are almost just as good
TheQueenOfLA
2007-02-07 10:40:49 UTC
TOP 5 EXPENSIVE RESTURANTS----->1) Alain Ducasse at the Essex House Restaurant(if u like american with a french style), 2) MASA(if u like Japanese food) 3) Kuruma Zushi(if u like sushi), 4) Per Se(American) and 5) Daniel( another one with French cuisines). Hope that helped! I recommend the Alain Ducasse its the best the food is out of this world and the service is phenomenal.
anjitalianwoman25
2007-02-07 10:57:31 UTC
Le Cirque is one of the most expensive restaurants in the city.
lochmessy
2007-02-08 21:55:22 UTC
Either Per Se or Jon George
2007-02-09 14:16:28 UTC
I'm not sure about the most expensive but a one w/ambiance would be Tavern on The Green in Central Park (outside of),...it was delicious and at lunch was very reasonable.

The Russian Tea Room was pricey and good but am not sure if it exists anymore
lou
2007-02-07 14:26:21 UTC
Alain Ducasse!
Jamonican
2007-02-07 09:28:09 UTC
Gey papayas. It a hot dog joint. But seriously they are a few. The one I enjoy is in the village on 7th Ave. Its' called Dragon Fly. Cafe Caliente Cab Co. is good as well. Pick BBq's They are real reasonable and a variety of food. Good Frozen Drinks. Too. have FUN.
Alan
2014-01-31 13:25:29 UTC
my favorite restaurants are per see daniel 11 madison park
2007-02-07 09:59:18 UTC
Mcdonalds the most expensive things are on the dollar menu!
me.
2007-02-07 20:26:32 UTC
peter lugers steak house