Question:
looking for a great place to take the wife, she deserves it, any ideas?
Chipmunk74
2006-02-10 12:19:04 UTC
looking for a great place to take the wife, she deserves it, any ideas?
Five answers:
rt11guru
2006-02-10 12:32:12 UTC
If you go the the NYTimes site, you can see their reviews of NYC restaurants. You can get the list by the number of stars that the reviewer has given them.

For a start, here are the 4 star restaurants (Extraordinary).

Daniel

French | Very Expensive

Classy yet warm, refined yet earthy, Daniel is a knockout French restaurant with the soul of a small cafe.

60 E. 65th St.

Upper E. Side

(212) 288-0033

Jean Georges

French | Very Expensive

When Jean-Georges Vongerichten opened his small upscale restaurant, he put the emphasis on the food rather than the setting.

Trump International Tower, 1 Center

Upper W. Side

(212) 299-3900

Le Bernardin

French | Very Expensive

This is impeccably and subtly prepared food of the very highest order.

155 W. 51st St.

Midtown West

(212) 489-1515

Masa

Japanese| Sushi | Very Expensive

With the superior seafood it serves you, Masa engineers discrete moments of pure elation that few if any other restaurants can match.

The Time Warner Center, Columbus Circle

Upper W. Side

(212) 823-9800

Per Se

New American | Very Expensive

Thomas Keller's Per Se shoots straight for the stars. And it soars high — and often — enough to grab four of them.

10 Columbus Circle

Upper W. Side

(212) 823-9335

If she likes theater, you might try that. Terry Teachout publishes a list of his recommendations on his blog every Thursday. (See link below.)
2006-02-10 20:33:25 UTC
Hey, sounds like you really messed it up and a I think a night out won't work. Take her to Maui.You can do so much romantic stuff there! Go on the top of the mountain to watch sunrise (there is a tour). That is something she'll remember for the rest of her life! Let her spend a day in a spa with the ocean view. Go snorkeling and parasailing. Take a submarine tour :) That kind of activities will make you a little closer, cause I guess this is what you need now. There's plenty of fine dining and shopping. And by the way, pearls are really cheap there! I'm sure she'll appreciate it :)
rbarcus1976
2006-02-10 20:27:55 UTC
hey man just use the internet to look up great restraunts, clubs, and vacation spots. Some of the greatest places to eat are nyc.. check em out on the web you'll find what you are looking for.
2006-02-13 20:55:56 UTC
rt11guru has some great ideas for restaurants,they are expensive but she's worth it. I would do Daniel's or Jean George. Or fly over to Italy, Rome has dynamite food.
maerylyn
2006-02-13 20:07:01 UTC
u could do a romantic night in due to the blizzard and everything. the whole flowers and candles do you'll be warm and cosy and its cheaper too.