Question:
Polish Restaurants in NYC?
2007-03-02 09:41:15 UTC
I'd will like to bring my boyfriend to a nice polish restaurant in the city i live in westchester county, ny and he lives in passaic county nj and we want to go to a nice restaurant in the city. He is from Poland and i'd like to give him a surprise going to a nice restaurant. Doesnt have to be that pricey.....just regular...any ideas....midtown will be alright...any info will be welcomed thanks.......
Four answers:
2007-03-02 10:57:21 UTC
There are a few in the East Village:

Christine's on First Avenue between 12th and 13th

Polonia on First Avenue between 6th and 7th

Neptune on First Avenue and 12th Street

Little Poland on Second Avenue between 12th and 13th

Quihnia on 1st Street between First and Second Avenues

http://www.quhnia.com/

If you are going to go into Brooklyn, hit the Greenpoint section - that was, for many years, a primarily Polish neighborhood. They've got the best Polish butchers in the City.

http://www.greenpunkt.com/restaurant.html
TheSearcher
2007-03-02 12:48:04 UTC
Hey Now...

I have eaten in all of these and I really liked Christina's

but

Just Like Mothers, I LOVED!!!

All are very good

but

JLM is the best IMO...

Enjoy

ABC Polish Restaurant

6635 Grand Avenue Maspeth, NY 11378-2540

Phone: (718) 779-7762

Just Like Mothers

11060 Queens Blvd., Forest Hills, NY 11375

Tel: 718 544 3294

Bona Restaurant

71-24 Fresh Pond Road, Ridgewood, NY 11385

(at the intersection with Myrtyle Avenue)

Phone: (718) 386-4400

Christina's Polish Restaurant

853 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222

(718) 383-4382